I didn't like the limited options or the blandness of the power plant, so I chopped the bottom off (not so simple to do cleanly). If you have one of these and thought about doing this, you probably thought "Well, it would work but I'd have to do some other work such as..." and yeah, that's exactly what I did.
First up I removed the unsightly seam from the arm, just a couple passes with the micro weld- I cleaned it up after this pic with metal tools
As usual I drilled the multi melta barrels, but actually tried something different and did a little bit with the bigger head and then did the rest with a smaller diameter.
Cleaned up the molded in plastic between the bars to give it a more dynamic look-
Here you can see where I added some "Black Stuff" and added metal pipes, also hard to see but drilled the ports up there.
And here's the clean up of the bottom half.
Basically I used the front part as a guide to cut the bottom off taking care not tu subtract anything because of the angles, then I used that front as more or less a place to cut the back part off, though I cut that a little higher so that it doesn't mess with some details in the molding. Gonna pin it later after it's painted and glued together (since it seems it'd be easier to paint before gluing on the bottom)
Alright and now my work with the Ork warboss. I actually modded some other boyz but I'll leave those for a later post-
Basically changed the head up, also used the putty to redo the neck, and made the claws a whole lot nastier. The putty wouldn't stay so I made a core out of some clamshell plastic I had, just cut it to a rough shape and put the putty around it, let it dry and then went to work at it with my files (diamond files make for some good scratched up effects, as if it were real metal that was worked) and hobby knife.